Years ago when I began my journey into the world of Internet and Network Marketing, I did everything I could to avoid starting my own blog. The reason for this was very simple. I was a terrible writer. Still to this day, I am not a great writer. However I have developed a style that is easy for my readers to consume and understand my point of view.
I had always worked under the assumption that you had to be a world-class writer to have a successful blog. That could not be further from the truth. You simply need to develop your own unique style of writing that will convey your message in a clear and concise manner.
1) Understand who is consuming your content: You need to understand who you are writing to in the first place. Who is your primary demographic? How old are they? How much money do they make? What are they searching for online? What are there fears, concerns, frustrations, etc..? When you have the answers to these questions, you will become a better writer immediately. Write for your readers.
2) What do you want to accomplish with this piece of content: You need to narrow your focus down to what you actually want your readers to do. Is it just for education? Are you promoting a product or service? Are you inviting them somewhere? Narrow your focus and know your objective.
3) Shrink your vocabulary: Even if you have a large vocabulary, you should not show it off within your blog posts. Always make things very simple and easy to read. People should not need to use a dictionary to consume your content.
4) Keep your sentences short and to the point: At times it can be confusing for your readers if you tend to ramble. When you keep your sentences short and concise, it makes your content easier to consume.
5) Also keep your paragraphs short and to the point: When you create multiple paragraphs it makes it easier for your readers to skim and scan your content. People these days like to have the ability to browse your content before committing to consuming the entire piece.
6) Put all of your thoughts down on your first draft: It may be terrible and unreadable, but you need to get all the information out on your first draft. At this point, it is easy to go back and make to the necessary adjustments for your final draft.
7) Let your personality come through: It is very important that you do not try to write like anyone else. Every piece of content that you create online should be with your own unique style and personality. Always remember that this is about branding yourself, and not how well you can write.
If you start to implement these tips, you will become a better writer.
You do not need to become Shakespeare to have a successful blog. You simply need to have a clear and concise way to get your unique message across to your readers. Show your personality and enjoy the process.
Did this post help you? If so, it would mean the world to me if you would leave me a comment and share it on your social media channels.
Hi Guys, I'm Clay. Thank you for taking time out of your day to stop by and visit with me. I truly appreciate you. This blog is dedicated to all Online Entrepreneurs and Bloggers who want to learn how to leverage the internet to grow their business. Please don't hesitate to reach out and connect with me, I would love to help you in any way I can. Have a great and productive day my friend.